Dear AEGEE locals,
Do you want to take part in the biggest and the most visible project of AEGEE network during the next year? Do you want to have an impact on young people in your city? Do you imagine youth’s voice being heard in Europe? Do you want others in your society to become active European citizens?
If your answer is ‘yes’, then this open call is for you!
As you know, in Mannheim, the AGORA ratified the new Y Vote 2014 – It’s up to You(th) project as an official project of AEGEE-Europe. This project aims at turning first-time voters and students into actors of the European Parliamentary Elections 2014 by informing them and encouraging them to participate.
One of the initiatives of the project will be thematic youth conferences which will be held around Europe in order to create a Youth Agenda, a set of recommendations for the MEPs concerning European policy given by young representatives taking part in the international conferences organised within the project. Participants will be able to draft statements, discuss and exchange their opinions, have a dialogue with invited MEPs as well as carry out different activities, street actions in the cities where the events will take place!
This is the open call for your local’s contribution to the better future of Europe, thus you(th).
If you want to make an impact in your city, apply to host one of the conferences!
The conferences will look as following:
- 5 days
- 30 participants
- Panel discussions, workshops and street activities (the content will be provided by the Y Vote team)
The topics of the 4 first conferences taking place in 2013 are the following:
- Kick off conference on ‘Youth and political participation‘: around the end of September
- Youth conference on ‘Youth (Un)employment‘: in November
- Youth conference on ‘Enlargement and EU Neighbourhood Policy‘: in November
- Youth conference on ‘Education, research and mobility‘: in the beginning of December
As an organizing local, you will have to provide:
- Lodging for 30 participants and the team (around 5 people)
- 3 meals per day
- Conference/workshop rooms
- Inviting local media and Members of European Parliament
- Social programme and logistic of the local actions
The Y Vote 2014 project team will help you with writing Youth in Action applications for all the conferences, so if you are interested in hosting one of them in your city please send us an e-mail to yvote2014(at)gmail.com by April 20th 2013, with the following information:
- Name of your antenna
- Experience of the antenna in organizing events (local and especially European)
- Which conference are you interested to host and the possible dates you would propose?
- Your motivation to host that specific conference and to be part of the Y Vote project. Why are you particularly interested in the topic of this conference?
Y Vote 2014 team